WEDDINGS IN CARLOW
Terms & Conditions
The Mount Wolseley Hotel Spa & Country Club Wedding Terms & Conditions
We respectfully draw your attention to the following points:
A Provisional booking will be taken for a period of two weeks, after which a non-refundable and non-transferable deposit payment of €2,000.00 will be required to secure your booking. On receipt of this deposit, MountWolseleywill issue a written booking contract for signature by both parties. This will be accompanied by these terms and conditions for signature also.
- 50% of the estimated total bill must be paid 4 weeks prior to the Wedding Date. All remaining balances must be settled with the hotel before departing the morning after the Wedding Reception.
Payment can be accepted in the following formats only
- Bankers Draft
- Credit Card
Note Personal cheques can only be accepted 30 working days in advance of the wedding date – personal cheques will not be accepted as payment on departure.
- Deposits can be transferred to dates booked within three months of the original date.
- Mount Wolseley Hotel reserves the right to cancel an event in the following cases:
- The Hotel believes the booking might prejudice the reputation of the Hotel.
- Evidence is received by the hotel that clients are financially unable to meet the cost of the function
- Should guests attending the event, behave in any way considered to be detrimental, offensive or contrary to normal expected standards of behaviour.
- MountWolseleyreserves the right to refund deposits in circumstances when a booking is made through a third party or under false pretences. We respectfully ask that you meet with a member of our Wedding Team to secure your booking.
- All amendments to and cancellations of bookings must be forwarded to MountWolseleyin writing.
- The Maximum capacity ofAustin1 is 150 andAustin2 is 220 persons respectively. This is based on round banquet tables seating a maximum of 10 persons per table. The Austin Suite at a whole can accommodate up to 400 guests.
- The minimum numbers at the time of booking for guests in theAustin1 is 120, andAustin2 is 160, Austin Ballroom 200 on a Friday & Saturday. Unless an alternative minimum number has been agreed as aboveAll prices are inclusive of value added tax, which is subject to change should there be any Government imposed changes accordingly.
- Menu items and prices may be subject to seasonal variation dependent on their availability.
- Wine vintages may vary from time to time due to supplier difficulties beyond our control
- Confirmation of all final details pertaining to menu, wines and overall details is required 14 days prior to the events and final number are required 3 days before event and will be billed at these numbers. Any additional guests who may attend on the day will be charged the agreed menu price accordingly. Children are very welcome and menu items will be available to meet your requirements.
- MountWolseleyaccepts no responsibility for entertainment/suppliers not booked by the hotel. All entertainment/suppliers providers are responsible for providing own equipment as subject to the Health & Safety requirements of the Mount Wolseley Hotel. Bride & Grooms must ensure that entertainers/suppliers are covered by their own public liability insurance.
- A request for a bar extension must be forwarded to the hotel at your earliest convenience, which will offer bar service until 0130hrs. The charge for this extension is included in our Wedding Packages or €450.00 if not a Wedding Package. Entertainment must finish at 02.00 hours.
- Late bar is strictly for hotel residents only and will remain open until 0330hrs
- Final catering numbers must be communicated to the hotel 3 working days prior to the event. This is
to the agreed minimum number of guests for which you will be charged.
- Accommodation rates; The first 30 rooms will be guaranteed to the Bride & Groom at the agreed rate above, per room Bed &Breakfast, it is at the Bride & Grooms discretion who is allocated these rooms. Should the bride and groom wish to hold these rooms for specific guests, the hotel must be notified in writing at the time of booking. Any rooms that are not confirmed will automatically be released four weeks prior to the wedding date. Any additional rooms must be confirmed with a 50% deposit the hotel gives no guarantees that any additional rooms other than these 30 will be available and it is the Bride and Grooms responsibility to book these rooms.
- Check in time is after 3.00pm. An earlier check in may not be possible.
- Any damage caused to the premises of the hotel or the grounds of the Hotel by the Bridal party or the guests will be billed to the main wedding account.
- The Hotel does not take responsibility for gifts, cards, cakes and so on left in the hotel. Please ensure you collect all your belongings leaving the hotel.
- No food items, except the wedding cake and favours may be brought into the hotel for consumption on the premises.
- The prices quoted apply to a set menu with a choice of Salmon on the Main Course only (for Weddings). A choice menu is available at a supplement of €5.50 per choice, per course on the more expensive choice. The chosen menu must consist of a minimum of five courses.
- The prices enclosed apply to 2012 weddings.
If the Client cancels the Event or moves the Event to another city or facility, such decision would constitute a breach of his or her obligation to the Hotel, and the Hotel would be harmed. The Client will pay to the Hotel, as liquidated damages, and not as a penalty, within thirty (30) days after written notification to the Hotel of the cancellation. Cancellation must be received in writing. Until receipt of such notifications, the Client will continue to be liable and responsible for 100% of all estimated charges:
Date of Cancellation
Total Amount of Liquidated Damages
More Than 9 Months Out
The initial deposit or 25% of Total Estimated Revenue (Whichever is Lower)
More Than 6 Months But Less Than 9 Months Out
50% of Total Estimated Revenue
More Than 3 Months But Less Than 6 Months Out
75% of Total Estimated Revenue
Less than 3
100% of Total Estimated Revenue
The total liquidated damages are calculated by multiplying the contracted total room nights by the
contracted rate(s), plus the estimated total function charges including space rental and minimum food and
beverage spend as agreed upon. The Hotel agrees that after receipt of such amounts, it will not seek
Any or/all advance payments held by the Hotel are non-refundable and will be applied toward any
outstanding charges due to the Hotel, including liquidated damages due as a result of cancellation.
The Hotel will not assume responsibility for damage or loss of any merchandise or articles brought into
the premises, or for any items attended. With advance notice, the Catering Department would be
pleased to assist you in arranging for security officers.
- Neither party shall be liable to the other party for (i) any failure or delay in performing any of its obligation under this Agreement; or (ii) in the case of the Hotel, liable to an attendee or guest for any loss or damage to property, if the failure or delay was due to any cause beyond its reasonable control, including (without limitation) terrorist activity (Threatened or actual) or serious potential for terrorist activity (as determined by the Hotel in its sole discretion) whether within the proximity of the Hotel or in the Ireland or world-wide and directly affecting the Ireland, misconduct or negligence of an attendee, guest or external third party, war or threat of war, civil or political action or disturbance, riot, natural disaster, fire, epidemic, bad weather, military activity, governmental or regulatory action, industrial dispute, Act of God, failure of power or machinery, failure of or interruption in externally provided services and utilities, and all similar events outside the unaffected party’s control